Thursday, February 20, 2014

After the Sweet Hearts Dance

Lauryn had barely made it into Bentu's room when Bentu in her West African accent said, "Okay spill the beans".  This made Lauryn giggle because she had only taught her the meaning of this American phrase a couple of weeks ago. Lauryn tried to play dumb about the meaning of Bentu's question.  "What's to spill?", she asked.  Bentu's glared at Lauryn from behind her cat eyed glasses, then tilted her head to the side. "So you want me to beg?", she whined. 
"No," Lauryn moaned while covering her face with a pillow, "okay I danced with Big-Eared Jeremy".  "Hahahaha", laughed Bentu. "I'm so glad to not have participated in this St. Valentine's nonsense", she said in a laughing fit.  Lauryn got irritated, "You we're supposed to have come with me Miss Stomach Influenza", she huffed.  "I was sick, sick about being the only girl tall enough to dance with Big-Eared Jeremy", Bentu chocked out in a giggling fit. "His ears are so big he was the first to tell of the Shot Heard Around the World", she laughed.
This made Lauryn giggle too. She thought to herself about going to her first school dance and what it had been like to slow dance with Jeremy Tate.  Despite his big ears, Jeremy was sort of cute. "Hello, are you still here?" Bentu asked waving a hand to Lauryn. 
"Yes", answered Lauryn.  "So," asked Bentu, "did he kiss you?"  Lauryn was horrified, "No," she yelped. "My parents as well as your mom were there the whole time, plus I'm not wasting my first kiss in the eigth grade."
"Ok, ok," said Bentu, "let's go ask my dad for pizza."  Lauryn was more than happy to end the dance conversation. 

Thanks for viewing 
Frenchy<3

6 comments:

  1. Hi Frenchy, I wandered to your blog via Vanessa's blog. I'm turning in a real doll story addict lately (LOL!), so count me in! It's great to be able to follow from the beginning. Looking forward to your stories :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I know the addicted feeling too! It's fun to see what others can come up with in their doll worlds. I'm glad that you get to see my stories beginnings. Thanks for viewing!

      Delete
  2. I like her room. It is nice to see these dolls together. How can I follow you blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use google blogger to post and when I want to follow anyone I first copy their URL link then I hit add on the blogger dashboard under Reading List. I paste the URL there and hit Follow. I hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. Bentu and Lauryn are extremely cute! Love this bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I just had to have that daybed, I think it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete